Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Earthquake!!! Ahhhh!!!!!

As you may have heard the UK had its largest earthquake in 25 years at about 1 a.m. last night. I wasn't even aware of it until this morning and I read it online. So no we did not feel anything at all last night unfortunately. I guess you could consider this my first earthquake experience, well it is the closest I have ever been to one, 210 miles to be exact. It was the second biggest earthquake in UK history, 5.2 on the Richter scale. I guess that is about the most exciting non experience that has happened this week. I did get my hair cut yesterday....Anna did it with a razor. I would have to say it looks pretty good but after all I don't really care I don't have to look at it. Anna was more worried about how it looked than I was because she said she had to look at it all the time. It turned out well though. We have been busy this week trying to schedule spring break and plans for the rest of the semester. This weekend there was an ultimate frisbee tournament, I didn't play but I did get to go hang out with the team at the pub and get free food and chat with people. We went out with them Friday and Saturday night. It was cool though. Last week on Thursday for OP we went rock climbing indoors because it was rainy and windy so we couldn't go hiking, but we had a great time climbing nonetheless. Anna and I had a race up a wall but she beat me because I had to unclip my rope from the wall as I went up and I had farther to go but it was close. My forearms we definitely shot after the day. I hope that the weather is better tomorrow than it has been this past week so we can go hiking outside. Up until last Thursday we had gone two weeks with sunshine and no rain and it has been rainy and cloudy ever since. But today has been partly sunny and no rain so hopefully that trend continues.





No comments: