Monday, February 18, 2008

Sick in Wales

Being sick at home is no fun, being sick away from home just stinks, but being sick and being in a different country... now that is the worse. Not that it is anything more than a good cold that wiped all the energy out of me, but still. My nose has stopped running every 30 seconds and just the occasional cough every now and then. I still had to take a nap this afternoon in between my lab session and my lecture cause I just didn't have the energy to even sit there and read.
Beth, Niki, and Zach were here for the weekend and I'm sure they had a great time but I sure wasn't up to snuff for doing everything with them. I started feeling poopy on Friday, the worse of the external symptoms was Saturday, and the worse energy wise was Sunday. Saturday night I "watched" a movie with the girls, fell asleep pretty quick, and didn't hear them leave but I told them to not worry about me if I fell asleep as I didn't want to get them sick by sharing a bed with them. So needless to say, I slept through church and took a good nap yesterday as well. Derek made a mean chicken noodle soup (from a can but still good) and grilled cheese lunch and was a great caretaker as I just didn't feel like doing anything. Today was much better even though I was tired. I ate regularly and am hoping that tomorrow things will be just about to normal!
On a good note, my cousin had her baby yesterday: Marianna Marie, born February 17, 7 lbs 4 oz, 19.5" long. All is well and from the sounds of things, mom (and dad) are doing quite fine!

No comments: